Anyone who lives in California would likely guess Solvang and they would be correct. Solvang is a small town located in the Santa Ynez Valley north of Santa Barbara. It's a major tourist destination because of its beauty, its proximity to many wineries, and its Danish history and culture. Although I spent only 24 hours there, it was a highlight of my week. In fact, here are the FAVE FIVE highlights.
1. Time with five other women who are also artists and who have been participating in a study group with me for the past two months. Our overnight retreat in Solvang was the culmination of our focus group time.
2. For me and the other spinner/weaver in our group, our favorite spot was Village Spinning and Weaving Shop. Each time I wander into that store I smile happily as I gaze at All. Those. Spinning. Wheels. All. That. Wool.
3. I love an early morning cup of great strong coffee. The other coffee lover and I rose first and we walked along the streets searching for an open cafe. We definitely scored with Bulldog Cafe. And chatting with my friend made it all that much better.
4. I can't not take photos of flowers!
5. The Food. Solvang specializes in goodies of a Danish nature. Oh my!
If you ever are in California and driving between Los Angeles and San Francisco on Highway 101, be sure to take the exit for Solvang and delight yourself with a visit to this little town.
Note: I will be computerless from Friday morning until Monday evening. While I can check email on my phone, it will not be easy for me to