After my long weekend away in San Diego, I'm back home and recovering from a very busy four days. Well, when you have two little ones around, you don't have much down time.
1. We went to a party. Maybe some day we'll be a forever family.
2. We went to the zoo. This family of four is certainly a flip flop family.
3. On Monday, after spending a couple of precious quiet 'just two of us' hours with my youngest girl in downtown San Diego, I took Amtrak home. I love the train. Since I've been on this train route many times, I know where to sit for the best views of the ocean and beach. Even on a gray and dreary day, and through a train window, the view is gorgeous.
4. Books! I got books! In the mail!
My friend the pit bull mommy sent me this book for my birthday. It's the next best thing to owning my own dog.
5. Then, my friend Meg from Minimalist Woman and her husband Steve Johnson (the Minimalist Photographer) sent me a copy of Steve's newest book! Oh joy! So much information to digest to improve my own photo skills. Plus incredible photos to drool over.
Obviously, my week was stuffed with much more than these Five Faves, but I can't share it all. So I had to limit myself. Some weeks that's easier done than others. Yes, I photographed a few flowers. Yes, I taught my classes. Yes, I read a book. But These Five Things shone in my memory.