It's Almost Christmas! This week I've been thinking about and doing all the 'almosts'. Some weeks, almost is as good as it gets. And that can be a blessing too. Here are my Five Fave Almosts:
1. I am 'almost' finished with school work for the calender year. All the papers are corrected and materials are ready for the first class in January. All that's left is to write thank you notes to students for gifts they gave me. My policy to hand write a note to each child who gives me a gift. Their Christmas homework assignment is to write a thank you note for a present, so it is only fair that I write thank you notes to them. And trust me, they carefully inspect the notes they receive to make sure their teacher follows her own instructions.
2. My daughter is 'almost' here to spend Christmas week with us! She arrives tomorrow! CAN'T. WAIT!
3. We are 'almost' finished sending all our Christmas cards. Just a few to go and we'll be done!
4. I am 'almost' finished with a couple of knitting projects. Of course, during this 'almost' week, I have 'almost' taken some photos. I knitted a quick bulky weight scarf for a friend. She bought the yarn and showed me the sample and I made it. Then, I 'almost' finished a pair of fingerless gloves for someone. They're not quite done so I hope to get a photo of them before I hand them over to him.
5. We're 'almost' done with Christmas shopping! Since we will be seeing the grandchildren AFTER Christmas, we still have their gifts to choose and purchase. But thanks to Amazon and its wonderful option to SHIP THE PACKAGE for me, my shopping was so very easy this year.
Wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas from Willow's Little Cottage in California!