So. It's Friday morning Pacific Time in the US (that's mid day to all you Easterners) and I'm running late. But here are my Five Faves:
1. More of those lazy days. Evidently, we needed them because we slept in, lazed around, motivated ourselves for major expeditions out the door for walks and coffee sipping.
2. We needed to save up our strength for our trip here.
Can you guess?
All three grandkids in the same place at the same time!
We did the drive down to Carlsbad, the visit to Legoland, and the drive back home all in one day.
Then we needed more major downtime.
3. One more weekend with our older daughter who lives a million miles away. Saturday market. Sunday church service. Daily walks. We had a goal of watching as many old movies together as we could fit in. (We managed at least fifteen--The Professor and Older Daughter are huge old movie fans. I enjoy them too, and I have my knitting.) AND a new movie: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.
4. We have the world's best neighbors. They are also our friends. Somehow, we managed to spend three days in a row with them. New Year's Eve at our place, watching a movie and ringing in 11pm. New Year's Day at their beach house walking on the sand, assembling a circular puzzle (now, that was a bit of a challenge), and January 2nd at their home, watching another movie.
5. Speaking of that walk on the beach...
The tide was far far out, and we strolled along the edge of the surf where, just a few hours before, we would have been several feet under the surface of the water.
And so we speed into 2014 at a slow, slothful snail's pace. I think it will pick up next week...