1. Rain. Yes, again this week rain makes my fave five list. One day we had a bit of misty spitty precipitation which we could hardly have counted as rain. But Thursday (today) it really rained. Less than .25 inch, but it soaked in our very dry ground, and we are grateful for it, every drop.
2. This book. The Professor and I and his brother and wife attended a book reading by George Morgan, the author of Rocket Girl. Rocket Girl is about Morgan's mother, Mary Sherman Morgan, who was the first female rocket scientist. It's a fascinating biography. I bought a copy to read and then share with my own rocket scientist, my older daughter.
3. Someone asked me to crochet some rosettes to add to a beanie. While I may be a knitting ninja, my crochet skill level may be labeled elementary at best. Beginner is a little too advanced for me. So when I foolishly agreed to make those flowers, I had to learn some crochet. Fortunately, I could call my crochet queen daughter and get some emergency crochet help. I spent waaay too much time on these, but I think I've got it now. I love learning new needle skills.
4. I finished a bit of relaxing knitting after the stress of crochet. These are fingerless gloves for a friend's husband. Knitting often makes my Fave Fives list because creating useful things gives me great joy, and knitting is a restful and relaxing activity for me.
5. Last, but not least-- Happy Birthday to my SIX year old grandson, The New Boy! Oh, I love this boy!
And so ends the week on a happy thought--watching this boy grow into a young man and praying he will become a man of God who is a credit to his mama and a blessing to the world around him.