1. They're OURS! They're ALL OURS!
Zoe Grace and Liam officially joined our family on April 18, 2014. After almost two and a half years of waiting, and more waiting, my daughter and son-in-law signed the adoption papers!
Daddy joined remotely for the court appearance and celebration.
(One more reason you should always thank military personnel for their service. They give up so much of their personal lives to provide safety and security for their country.)
With the judge.
2. That was on Friday. On Saturday, we said our goodbyes, hopped in the car and started east. Six days. Nine states. California, Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida. The fave here is two fold. I'm thankful that my spring break coincided with the adoption so I could ride along on the trip. I'm thankful that we were safe. No accidents, no car problems. 2,500 miles.
3. I love road trips! Camera in hand, I documented the miles. No, I won't bore you with the dozens of photos of the endless highways. But here are just a few... (if you scroll down to earlier posts, you can see pictures from the first two days)
Light at the end of the tunnel.
4. Best hotel. Houston. After a truly scary first attempt at sleeping in Houston, we moved to Omni Hotel Houston to sleep safely. (More on that later; it deserves a separate post) My son-in-law should be awarded some kind of medal of valor or honor or persistence in protection for arranging this for us late at night. The staff at Omni Hotel were amazing. Our room was ready with beds prepared and so many little extras added. Zoe Grace and Liam had gift bags waiting, filled with food for the fish.
"Look at all those fighting fish!"
5. Have you noticed the photos?? Faces forward. Finally, we are allowed to post photos of these beautiful children. Here they are with their beloved cousin, The New Boy.