The second week of my Spring Break I spent in Florida. Yeah, that sounds so---collegiate. But I really did. However, I didn't hang out at the beach in a bikini. Mostly I wore my jeans and played with Zoe Grace and Liam. On Saturday we met long time friends from when we all lived in Oregon for lunch in downtown Pensacola. Liam thought their motorcycle was
awesome, which it totally was.
1. What a view. The Big Lagoon is beautiful. If I gazed out my back window at this every day, I'd get nothing done. My daughter and her family can see this every day (except when it's underwater like it was this week after northwest Florida was inundated with all that rain).
2. A day at the beach. Gulf Coast style.
Cuddling a cold toddler who thinks she should be a water baby. (I think I'll adopt this one as an honorary grandchild.)
Complete with ocean birds.
3. Sunsets. This photo was taken twenty four hours before the tornadoes blew through the Florida Gulf Coast.
4. Safe flights. Flying isn't my favorite way to travel. But the two flights I took from Pensacola to Los Angeles were smooth and uneventful. In my opinion, any flight I am on that lands without crashing is a success.
5. He knows I like coming home to a clean house. Laundry: done. Dishes: clean. It's great to travel, but it's great to be home.