1. First and most endearing is this story. At least a month ago, I was wearing my favorite turquoise earrings and LOST ONE of them. I know it was just an earring. But I really liked this pair and I had made them myself. I knew I had been in three stores that day so after arguing with myself about the silliness of it all, I finally went back to each place and asked if anyone had found an earring. No luck. I resigned myself to it. I was still disappointed. I was sad. Here's the amazing part: on Sunday morning, we stopped by our local Starbuck's and grabbed a cup of coffee on the way to church. One of the barristas, Ashley, called to me and said that she had been looking for me for awhile. She handed me my earring! She had found it, remembered I had asked about it, and saved it to give me. Ashley's dedication to service blessed me so much! It made my whole week!
2. We're having a heat wave. The temperatures have been in the 70s and 80s Fahrenheit which has made pushing myself out the door for a walk so much easier.
3. Spring is truly here in Southern California. We had rain last week so the hills are green and the flowers are popping up! The yellow coreopsis and the poppies and the lupine are blooming! I know it's hard to see the small patches of poppies and lupine in these photos but they're there, gracing our parched and stony mountainsides. I had to zoom in quite a lot to catch the poppy patch.
Closer in, the poinsettias and bird of paradise are easier to photograph.
4. I am making more progress on knitting through my yarn stash. Last week I posted an update on the hats I made in January. Since then I've added another eight hats to the pile.
5. Those magical words---"I'm heading down for a visit. Can you pick me up at the train station?" Son #2 is coming! Can't wait!
Bonus: It's my daughter in law's birthday! She was born on Valentine's Day, and we *heart* her and the joy and love she has brought to our son.