Thursday, December 22, 2016

Returning Just in Time for Christmas

Finally, I am returning to blogland!  This past month has been truly crazy.  As I mentioned, I spent a week in ENGLAND with my older daughter.  Then I returned to the mid Atlantic east coast and have been here helping my younger during and after her surgery.  So now it is almost CHRISTMAS.

I considered writing a Friday Fave Five about the five weeks I haven't posted anything, but I think that I will just mention what pops into my head.

1.  How can I not love love love England?  I will post more details later but here is one of my favorite photos of my girl.  We were hiking around Avebury searching for the Long Barrow.


And here she is standing in front of one of the stones in Avebury.


2.  Eleanor Elizabeth decided to join us on our trip.  She had been to England with me in June 2008.  She did request that I make her a pair of wellies since this time it was autumn and we knew it would be rainy.  I do enjoy sharing my adventures with my bunny.


3.  My love language is spending quality time with people.  I've loved having all these days with my younger daughter although she has been in pain and recovering from surgery.

4.  Christmas is happening for most of our family at Younger Daughter's house.  The Professor and Dr. Mike arrived late last night.  Older Daughter and The New Boy will be here within 24 hours!

5.  And finally, I love Christmas!  A Very Merry Christmas to you!

8 comments:

ellen b said...

How very lovely you could spend some time in England with daughter. I'm sure your services were appreciated after younger daughters surgery. So will you be on the east coast for Christmas, too? We will be in Oxnard at a vrbo January 13-16 for our nephews wedding in Santa Barbara on the 14th. Maybe we can sneak in a visit if you are in town that weekend. Maybe Monday on our way from Oxnard to Huntington Beach...

Gracie Saylor said...

I'm just catching up on your last two posts, and so glad to know that you have been having safe travels and good visits with your loved ones, especially when you are able to help during painful times. I hope you have a Happy Christmas, I love your bunny, and hope you have time to share more about your visit to England. xx ps. I got a photo of Mt. Hood this week in her glorious white...a hundred inches of snow in some spots! xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an exciting month. I know you will have a wonderful Christmas! Mary

Karen said...

Time with loved ones is what it's all about, yes? Merry Christmas to you!

Mereknits said...

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is so great you have been able to spend time with your daughters this fall. Sounds like you will have a good Christmas with your family. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!

Gattina said...

I love England too, I went there quite often when my son lived in London for 10 years. Now he lives in Amsterdam but that's not so nice.

Barbara H. said...

England! Wow! What a neat opportunity. It's so good you could help your daughter after surgery and your family could gather for Christmas there. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!