Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Do You Know the Way to Santa Fe?

This is how you get to Santa Fe.  Leave early so you can miss most of the horrendous Los Angeles daily commute traffic.  Once you pass the LA County line, it's usually smooth sailing.

Your views as you drive EAST are of Southern California high desert.  It's very dry.  But the rock formations from volcanoes and other land masses make for majestic views.






When you pass the Colorado River,


and enter Arizona,


the terrain changes.  You climb in altitude to several thousand feet elevation.

This is basin and range country.  And it's GREEN!







I love the large views of Northern Arizona.  And I love that it's on the way to Santa Fe!

4 comments:

Monica said...

These are some beautiful pictures Willow! I have never been to this part of the country. Some day when we retire we plan to travel! Cannot wait!

ellen b said...

I do know the way to San Jose. :) I've never been to Santa Fe...that I can remember. Great desert views!

Gattina said...

Beautiful landscapes! It's a long time ago that I have been in Arizona !

UplayOnline said...

I have never been to this part of the country. Some day when we retire we plan to travel! Cannot wait!


เย็ดสาว