Thursday, June 07, 2018

En Route

I must say that I feel bad and sad about not reading and commenting on the Friday Fave Five posts that others contributed last week.  After I posted mine, life became hectic.  In fact, although I have taken A LOT of photos, I haven't even gotten them moved over to my computer yet.  So this is going to be a very short and abridged version of the past week. (I will post more in the next few days as I return home and download all those photos.)  But here is a short version of Willow's Week.  Friday Fave Fives are posted HERE.  You can join in!

1.  A wonderful, fun-filled time at my high school reunion.  My graduating class was SMALL- like 30 or fewer kids.  Of those, nine actual graduates were there (along with several who attended the school but didn't graduate--moved, transferred schools, etc).

2.  Attending our home church in Portland and visiting with so many people.  We had lunch with two very special people and caught up on their lives.  Then we visited with my uncle who I haven't seen for several years and is now in a home recovering from a stroke.

3.  Lunch with our former prof who is STILL teaching.  We managed to sit in the restaurant for HOURS and chat.  Prof Hills asked us to attend a class at the college where he is now teaching and answer questions for students, which we did a couple of days later. (These are international students who are from the province where we lived in Indonesia, and we discussed our cultural challenges in Indonesia and theirs as they adjust to American culture.)

4.  A day spent with my brother and sister-in-law just driving around Mt. Hood and having lunch at a favorite restaurant on the Columbia River.

5.  Fond farewells and more hours, days and miles in our faithful car.  We aren't home yet, but we are enjoying a new route home.

8 comments:

Mereknits said...

It sounds wonderful, safe trip on your way home.

Barbara H. said...

What a lovely trip! The reunion sounds just big enough to be cozy but not so big as to be overwhelming. I'm so glad you got to visit and catch up with so many people, and what an opportunity to attend the class and answer questions!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that your trip was so delightful. I look forward to seeing photos. Mary

Susanne said...

Wow, it sounds like you are able to see a lot of folks during this trip and get caught up with them. It sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy the road trip home.

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a good trip. Wow on the numbers in your graduating class! Glad you could attend and enjoy your time in Oregon.

A Joyful Cottage said...

Sounds like you had a great week. It's always fun to reconnect with old friends. The cows are super cute. xo

Anonymous said...

A good week, for sure! So happy to have had the time to visit, laugh and catch-up with old friends. Driving around Mt. Hood is a favorite drive with us, too. Julene

Tracy said...

What a WONDERFUL too... even without photos, we can see you had fun, Willow! :) Wow... one of your Profs STILL teaching?! That is love and dedications. So glad you had such a good time, making new memories. I've never been to one of my high school reunions, and sadly lost contact with HS friends, so all that seems even more than a lifetime ago. :/ Happy Summer Days ((HUGS))