Sunday, June 17, 2018

Pacific Northwest




I grew up in the Pacific North West part of the United States.  Normal for me was rain all winter with a bit of snow thrown in.  Forests of fir trees. Mountains topped with snow year round.  Flowing rivers.  I thought everybody was familiar with tall green trees and white towering mountains until I moved away.  Every year I try to revisit my roots mostly because my brother still lives there, but partly because the forests and mountains call to me.

The sound of water tumbling over rocks and logs in a rushing river is seldom heard where I live now among the arroyos and dry creek beds.  Sitting by a stream in the summer sun is music for my soul.







2 comments:

ellen b. said...

The Pacific Northwest is a special place for sure. Glad you can come back for visits.

Katie Isabella said...

I would love to go. Seriously. Not just an idle comment.