2019. Wow. It's another New Year. I don't do New Year's resolutions. I do Hopes and Goals. Also, each year, I choose a word that describes where my thoughts and focus seem to be leading me for the year.
I haven't been focusing much on the new year; I've just been trying to keep up with Christmas activities with my kids. So when I realized that it was almost the new year, I hadn't considered any words to focus my intentions for 2019.
Then out of the blue, out of the wider world of thought, the word ENCOURAGE popped into my head. For the past few months, I've noticed that my role among my friends and family has been moving in to encouraging them. Rejoicing with them. Mourning with them. Sometimes, they have encouraged me, too.
I think that ENCOURAGE is how I am supposed to my time and energy this coming year. I will encourage friends who are struggling, encourage loved ones to trust God in all circumstances.
I have written down a few hopes and goals, too.
1. Keep on knitting and weaving through my yarn stash. (will that ever end?}
2. Read through the Chronological Bible again this year.
3. Pray more. (keep my prayer journal handy all the time)
4. Get back to exercising regularly and eating a more healthy diet (I already do these, but I want to refocus)
5. Use up various consumables that have just been sitting around in drawers and cupboards--mainly lotions and cleaning supplies.
6. Focus on learning more about gardening and growing herbs.
I think that's enough.
Do you have hopes and goals for 2019? How can I be an ENCOURAGEMENT to you?