1. My daughters had some extra time off from their jobs so we were able to spend days with them. One day we went to a science center and the grandchildren had a great time. (a year pass is our gift to them for Christmas)
2. Walks and hikes. Even in cold wintertime, we try to get out and walk every day. (I have photos but haven't downloaded them yet. I'll repost when I do.)
3. Playing games. The New Boy has discovered Settlers of Catan and Pandemic. I tried Pandemic. The Professor and New Boy's mom played Catan with him. Scrabble--he is a solid player and keeps us on our game!
4. On New Year's Eve, New Boy wanted to stay up until midnight. I was ready for bed long before, but we waited and as 12pm arrived, New Boy counted down, "Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one! Happy New Year!" His next words were, "OK, let's go to bed."
5. My small group leader from Friday Bible study sent this.
Will all passengers on Flight 2019 please proceed to the boarding gates...
Your checked baggage should include only the best souvenirs from 2018.
The BAD and SAD moment if carried in your hand luggage must be thrown away in the garbage bins before boarding Flight 2019.
Stopovers will be: Health, Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being, Peace.
Refueling will be at Giving, Sharing, Caring.
Remember that you will enjoy the journey better if you talk, share, smile, and laugh together.
Sitting silent will make the flight seem longer.
Wishing you and your family an enjoyable trip on board Flight 2019.