I'm a bit late today posting for Friday Fave Fives but not for want of being thankful. We decided to go for a hike this afternoon after I was home from Bible Study, so I am just now posting.
1. And that's my first fave. The weather was perfect and so we headed out to Santa Monica Mountains Recreation Area at Satwiwa. We've hiked there often but always enjoy it. The poppies are done blooming but the yellow mustard and the purple flowers still provide color.
2. A friend gifted me a new mug. It is inscribed with the Bible verse "The joy of the LORD is your strength." (Nehemiah 8:10) I have a new favorite tea mug!
3. I have a new scarf warped on my loom. I went over to my friend's weaving studio and spent a couple of hours with her while I put the navy and grey yarns on the warp. I love a new project!
4. I've also taken on another weaving challenge. This week I drove to the thrift store and found two different sweaters, both of them made mostly of cotton (one is about half linen). I am pulling the sweaters apart and recycling the yarns to weave a shawl. No photos yet because it's just in the beginning stages of planning.
5. And finally, my biggest fave of the week! A little background first. Eleanor my bunny accompanied me on our trip to England. Well, at least she started the trip. One evening while we were staying near Glastonbury she met some other bunnies and sneaked off with them to play. I didn't notice that she had run away until we received a message from our hostess asking if Eleanor belonged to us! That sneaky little bunny, running off to play hide and seek in the garden and snack of the carrots and lettuce! So. What to do? Finally our hostess caught her and mailed her back to us and she arrived this week. Truthfully, as much fun as Eleanor had, she is happy to be home with me again. And I'm happy to have her back.
Bonus! A few quick photos of England!
Be blessed and be thankful this week!