Oh! It's Friday already?? I totally missed the memo.
So...anyway, here we go. Friday Fave Fives from Willow's Week which whizzed by so fast I didn't realize it was Friday! Here is the link to join in and read other people's FRIDAY FAVE FIVES.
1. I love our church's Wednesday Night Dinners which we do in the summer months. Most Wednesday evenings we gather together and share a meal. Sometimes, it's Taco Guy providing the meal. Other times, it's hot dogs and hamburgers. Last week, my sister-in-law and I wore matching t-shirts and that prompted this week's "Wear a Crazy T-Shirt Night". This resulted in lots of crazy shirts. The Professor won a Starbuck's gift card for his:
2. My daughters met at day care one evening--picking up their kids at the same time. They snapped this photo and sent it to me. I love that they love each other! (They may hate me for posting this publicly. I just love it.)
3. It's summer. For the first time this year, we have had to run the AC. I'm thankful that we have that luxury when we are uncomfortably warm.
4. On Saturday, we attended the funeral for a former (science dept) professor of ours. This wonderful man was also a beloved colleague of The Professor's father. It was wonderful to hear how he impacted so many people and how much his family loved and honored him. Predictably, there were other long time college friends there and we reconnected and chatted with them. I so appreciate living near enough to our college alma mater that we can attend these various functions.
5. We had arranged to see a long time friend of The Professor's (since they were one and three!) who was also a colleague of our honored prof. (I mentioned him and his wife a couple of months ago because she and I share a love of murder mysteries.) Because they are planning a move, she passed on to me a WHOLE BOX of Agatha Christie novels! I may have already finished a couple of them. And yes, I'm fine rereading some of them; they're that good. I love having friends who share my love of books.
My friends in North America and Europe, please stay cool! And hydrated. Enjoy your weekend. And look back on last week and be THANKFUL.