Friday, July 19, 2019

Repeat

I think this week's Friday Fave Fives is going to be a near repeat of last week. That's because my week has been almost the same as earlier this month.  Well, there was one big difference...

1.  We went camping!  Our church resurrected a neglected tradition last weekend and had a camp out.  The organizer of the event booked a group campsite in the mountains above Santa Barbara at Lake Cachuma.  It was so much fun!  We had people from age two all the way up to late seventies (he was in a motorhome).  The Professor and I popped up our tent and pulled out our camp chairs and watched the fun.  I played several board games which was fun.  We had planned on hiking around the lake, but it was SO HOT, so we just hung around camp.  It was so much fun! (Yes, I know that's a repeated sentence.)  I'm thankful for all the church people who contributed to a great weekend.

2.  One of the sweetest things? (besides hugs from some little ones who we've known since birth and have watched in the two year old class)  Our friends with the air conditioned motor home let us sit in the cool air on Saturday afternoon and even let me grab a quick shower!  I'm thankful for generous friends.

3.  OK, here is where my week is a repeat:  I had my second cataract surgery on Tuesday.  All went well again.  I'm thankful for a very skillful and kind surgeon.

4.  I love how the staff follows up with daily phone calls to make sure I'm healing well and not having any negative reactions or situations.

5.  The Professor wins more points for taking good care of me.  Evidently I was more affected by the anesthesia this time and slept most of the day.  Meals, coffee, tea and snacks were magically provided.  Helping hands were available when I needed anything.

Update on the use of agile toes for picking things up off the floor:  this morning,I dropped my earring as I was removing them from the jewelry box.  Toes to the rescue!  Yes, I picked up my earring with my toes, stood in a one leg yoga pose and grabbed that little earring.  At least I'm getting lots of practice.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

So glad to hear the second procedure went well. And the camp definitely sounds fun. We always used to have a family camping weekend but as we've got older it moved indoors lol

Faith said...

How fun to go camping with your church!!!
I miss our camping days but as we age the renting of cottages is really nice!

Praise God! Your second surgery went well!! Continued healing prayers going,your way .

And yay for helpful husbands!!

Enjoymthe weekend.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Who knew toes could be so handy!!! (Pun intended).

a spirit of simplicity said...

Camping with a church group sounds like so much fun! A wonderful chance to visit with people you might not otherwise get much time to know. I’m glad your eyes are healing and surgery went well. Lucky you only have two eyes so you’re all done1

Susanne said...

The camping trip with a church group does sound like a lot of fun. Our church used to do that as a father/children summer activity. Praise God for the second surgery going well. All done now.

In response to your comment on the ginger beer. I hate beer. Have never been able to develop a taste for it. Ginger beer is not beer at all. A spicy with ginger sweet pop. Don't know why they call it beer at all.

Jocelyn said...

I'm so glad to hear that both surgeries went well! And that yoga (and toes) have come in handy. There is a lot to be grateful for! :)

ellen b. said...

I, too, am glad to hear the surgery went well and you are healing nicely. No bending over, right? Good job with that yoga move. I'm chuckling over Susanne's explanation on Ginger Beer. A refreshing non-alcohol variety but there are Ginger Beers that have an alcohol content, too. I'll need to be using my toes come August 5th if I drop anything...