1. We were delighted when a young couple in our church approached us and asked if we would like to join them for lunch at our favorite Mexican place. It took about
2. Ventura County Fair! We went TWICE this week. That makes a total of three visits to the fair this year. And we ended up paying a total of $2 for admission. Day One was Dollar Day, hence we paid our $2. Then this week, Tuesday was "Old People's" Day and we got in free. Then today, Friday, we used our free tickets because we hadn't used them on Day One when I came to work in the weavers/spinners booth.
3. Why would we want to attend the fair so many times? Mostly, we love the music. There's one performer who comes from Oregon (he calls his stint at our fair his vacation because the weather and beach is so beautiful) and we love to listen to all his sets during a day, which is three or four performances. His name is Brady Goss and if you ever have the chance to attend one of his concerts, DO IT. He's great.
4. This fave is kinda silly, but it is still a fave. The Pig Races! Little pigs race around a track while the announcer makes constant piggy/hoggy puns. It's just fun.
5. I have a very dear long time friend who lives not far away. We have been like ships in the night this summer. She spent several weeks in another state helping her family as someone was dying. Then I was gone for a month. Finally, yesterday, we texted each other and set a meet up. It was just a bit too windy and cool to sit outside and drink our drinks and it was too loud inside. So we sat in my car. Crazy Ladies! But we were comfortable and had a great time catching up.
So that's how my week shaped up. None of these events were particularly spectacular, but they were important to me and made me happy. How about you?