1. Last Friday, The Professor and I drove to Phoenix. We cleaned up the house to get it open house ready and then we loaded up the car and took off. You may recall that Southern California was having high winds and wild fires. Yes, we drove through lots of smoke, but we were never really in any danger. The rest of the drive was uneventful and we arrived safely at our son's home.
2. Why did we go to Phoenix? Well, PAL turned five! Of course, we wanted to be with her to celebrate her birthday with a pirate party at the park!
3. On her actual birthday, we attended church in the morning with them and then after a quick lunch we did something I loved. The Phoenix Symphony playing the music for Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. WOW! It was amazing! Sometimes, I was so focused on the movie that I would forget that the music was being played right there on the stage, and then other times, I'd be listening to the music and forget to follow the movie! If you even have an opportunity to watch a movie with live music, do it! It's fantastic!
4. A wonderful addition to PAL's birthday was that Son #2 was able to join the party. He had work meetings this week in Phoenix, so the timing worked out perfectly. Time with BOTH sons!
Come cook with me, Uncle!
At Children's Museum
5. We drove home Tuesday, thankful for safe travels, and Wednesday I went to the Beach Cities of Los Angeles for a get together with long time friends. The over night visit was made all the better by sitting around the outdoor fireplace cuddled up in a blanket and talking into the evening with one of my best friends.
So that's where I've been...gone every day for the whole week. I loved my times away, but I'm also so happy to be home again.