1. On Sunday, we attended a conference. The WHOLE conference is one that is focused on health. This is the fifth or sixth year I have attended and The Professor went with me this time. Excellent speakers on how to prevent dementia and other diseases through diet (whole food plant based) and life style choices. We came home with renewed focus on what we can do to remain healthy.
2. Usually, we don't host the sermon-based small group we attend because there are seventeen people in it and our little cottage simply won't hold that many people But since three people were sick and six people were out of town, we were able to invite the remaining eight people to our home. It is good that we have to keep our home 'show ready' for potential buyers and that means it's company ready, too.
3. Lunch at Ventura Harbor with long long time friends. I've mentioned them before because he is The Professor's oldest (as in longest time) friend. They are moving in less than three weeks and wanted to have lunch at their favorite seafood restaurant at the harbor. So we met them there. Then after lunch, we wandered along the harbor a bit and ended up at a little French cafe for coffee and a bit of dessert. We know we'll see them again soon as they are moving only a day's drive from where we will be living (when we move).
4. A Day to remember! Our son, Dr. Mike, was at the American Academy of Forensic Sciences. conference this week in Orange County, CA. For those people not from the West Coast, think Disneyland. In fact, the convention center is next to Disneyland, so we waved at Mickey as we drove past. Anyway, we spent a wonderful day with Dr. Mike following him around as he visited the exhibitors and posters in one hall. That was information overload for me, but it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! We were able to meet some of his colleagues and also learn a bit more about his work. (No, he is not Dr. Bones. He consults with forensic scientists.) It was a day that will remain high on my list of 'best days of my life'.
Horrible photo of the three of us taken in the covered hotel driveway with the light above us.
5. That day when NOTHING was on the calendar. Smile. Sigh. Rest.
What happened in your life this week that made you Stop, Think, and Be Thankful?