I am just not ready for February. It has come too soon. Do you feel like that, too? This week flew by! And here it is Friday and I didn't write any posts. But I always make sure I write my Friday Fave Fives. It's important to remember to be thankful every day and every week. (Follow the FFF link to read others' faves and join in.)
1. February 1st. On January 1st, the Professor and I drove to Ventura Harbor and walked around it. On February 1st, we met our friends for a walk and coffee, and at their suggestion, we walked at the harbor. There might be a pattern emerging. March 1st?
2. It was cold(ish) this week where I live. Yeah, I know. Southern Californians are wimps. But 'for us', it was cold. I'm thankful for extra blankets, warm jackets, hats and gloves!
3. I have a Kindle. For a long time, I resisted reading books digitally. But there has been a series of cozy murder mysteries that we have wanted to read but couldn't find paper copies; so The Professor convinced me that the Los Angeles City Library (yes, we are card carrying members) would loan them to us and I could read them on my Kindle. So I've been reading through the whole thirty-two books in the series on my Kindle. I guess I'm thankful for having one (although I still prefer 'real' books.
4. The decorative pear trees are in bloom!
5. The New Boy turned TWELVE this week! It's hard to believe he is growing up so fast. I am thankful for this grandson! And he actually answers my texts. How could this little guy be twelve!?!