Wow, it's the END OF JANUARY! How did that happen?? Willow's Week just flew by. Here are the Five Faves I chose to share for Friday Fave Fives.
1. I am thankful for clean and running water. Water that just runs from the spout when I turn it on. Why am I thinking of water this week? One day, we had our water turned off for a few hours. This was a planned event due to work that needed to be done on the water main in our neighborhood. We were able to plan ahead and put aside some water, fill our water bottles. But it made me remember the years when our water arrived in buckets from the river and had to be boiled to use. Clean water is something to be thankful for!
2. Evenings spent with friends are always a blessing. Our BYOD (Bring Your Own Dinner) friends came to our house this month. Having known each other since college days, we have SO MUCH FUN.
3. I've been knitting socks for more than twenty years. I love wearing the socks that I knit. They're warm and snuggly in the winter. Currently, I have five or six pairs that I am rotating wearing. And it makes me extra happy to know that I made them myself.
4. The word I chose for 2020 is TRUST. I found a necklace that says, "TRUST in the Lord". Now I can wear my word for the year around my neck. I can simply look down and remind myself to TRUST.
5. In closing out this first month, I would have to add the I am thankful I can walk regularly. I love walking and hiking and am thankful I have the ability and strength to do that (and I've walked, hiked or worked out at the gym twenty-five of the thirty-one days of this month).