One new week! Can it be possible that we are halfway through the month of January 2020?? I purposely carved a couple of days at the beginning of the week to relax. But then the end of this week just got busy and busier. Truly, I'm thankful for both the rest and the activities. I just need to learn how to balance it. So here is Willow's Week in Friday Fave Fives. The link is to Susanne's blog Living To Tell the Story where you can find other people's Fave Fives and join in, too, if you want.
1. While I haven't been as consistent with my sketching as I would like to be, I have been doing well with my goal of exercising more. In fact, I have walked, hiked, or worked out at the gym EVERY DAY this week. I feel great. Except of course for some sore muscles.
2. One morning, a few of the moms from my Mom to Mom group met to walk part of the same trail I walked last week. Walking with two and three year olds and stroller is a much slower gait than my usual pace. But that's ok. I had a chance to chat with a mom I hadn't really met before.
3. Normally, I wouldn't add a memorial service to a favorite part of my week, but the service I attended for a Bible study friend was a wonderful celebration of her life. And the words from the pastor were encouraging and comforting.
4. As I am writing this, I am listening to 'the falling rain'. It's one of my favorite sounds. As a child, it was a most familiar one as I grew up in the Pacific Northwest, ie. the Rain Capital. And we had A LOT of rain where we lived in the tropical jungles of New Guinea. Where I live now, rain is always welcome!
5. I am making progress on my afghan. The blocks are now 10 x 12! Photos soon because maybe by next week I'll be finished. I've also finished one of the socks and have started on the second one.
Here's hoping I can balance the weekend's busyness with some 'down time', too!