Well, this week included fires, riots, dissension...but I can't focus on those things. I choose to put my focus on the good things in my life, the blessings and the things which make me grateful. If I do nothing else here at Willow's Cottage blog during the week, I still post my Friday Fave Fives. I have to. I need to. It blesses me. I hope it blesses you, too.
1. I have had three face to face meetings this week! In person! We (mostly) observed distancing. But oh! It is wonderful to really SEE people! First was our small group from church. Just the women. For Sunday lunch. It was in a back garden, under a jacaranda tree, next to the avocado orchard.
2. Then my Bible Study small group met at our leader's home. Just six of us.
3. One afternoon, I told The Professor, "I miss your sister, and I want a burrito." (Note that I said I miss her first.) So we set up an early dinner at a park near her home. We picked up the burritos and a taco for her then sat and chatted and laughed until the cold wind blew us back to our car and her to her home.
4. (Notice a pattern here?) We got to go to church on Sunday! We wore masks while we sang, but that's ok. It was wonderful!
5. I took a total of two photos this week. One was to verify I had ordered the correct book for a study I am doing. But I liked the other picture. How often do you find a hawk sitting in someone's front garden? As we walked past on our daily walk, it hardly moved until it decided we were too scary and it flew into a nearby tree. How I love seeing all the wildlife that lives around my neighborhood! The photo is a bit blurry--but you can't be choosy with a hawk.
So this sums up Willow's Week. Just another quiet Covid week. Stay safe and well, my friends. And focus on the blessings!