Good Morning! First Friday in August. This is my month of huge changes. Selling our home of thirteen years. Driving across the US. Moving to a new place. Even in all the chaos and change, there are moments and hours of blessings. Here are my best moments of this week. FRIDAY FAVE FIVES. Follow the link to join and read and be encouraged.
1. What's not to love about lunch with a friend? Especially now. And especially when we live two counties apart. She drove UP from Orange County. I drove DOWN from Ventura County. We met in the middle in Santa Monica in Los Angeles County. We brought our own homemade lunches, found a coffee shop with outdoor seating and spent HOURS. We have known each other for nigh unto thirty years. Wherever either of us have lived, we've always made sure we stayed in touch. Oh, it was wonderful to just drop right back in to our friendship for a bit.
2. And what's not to love about driving home along the Pacific Coast Highway and all the ocean and beach views?
3. House sale is moving along. The big fave about that is that packing is also moving along and although the house looks like a tornado blew through, we are on track to have all the packing done by early next week when the movers are scheduled.
4. A miracle happened. We have been wanting a (very) small motor home. Especially now, it is difficult to find one since everyone who is traveling wants to distance from others by staying in their own space. BUT. Wednesday morning, The Professor showed me a Class B van type and he had already contacted the owner. Short story: it's ours!
5. More saying, "See you later". Lunch with my former boss/friend and my TA who I mentored in teaching the writing classes. It was great to just reminisce and catch up on what they are doing and how teaching is going to look this fall.
Bonus~ conversations with my girls who say, "We can't wait for you to get here!"