The month of July is beginning to fade. This is the fourth Friday. Soon it will be August. How do the days move so quickly? Unless I purposely hit the pause button, life just keeps rolling along. That is why I am thankful for Susanne's faithfulness in hosting Friday Fave Fives. Even if I don't post something here at Willow's Cottage during the week, I am still reminded to take the time to write my Five Faves. Thank you, Susanne!
Here are my Fave Fives from this fourth week of July.
1. As I am sitting in the chair in my family room writing this, I am watching the birds in my garden. My favorite is the hummingbird. Finally, all the bright colored flowers and the two red feeders have attracted two hummers here. One of the bird feeders is about two feet from the window. So I can sit here and watch it more closely. Any photos? Nope. My window has a screen on it and it is impossible to take a clear photo. So I just sit and smile when the hummingbird stops by to sip its nectar. I am thankful for a back garden large enough to host all the birds.
2. Another sweet thing about my garden. I never know what is going to pop up where I didn't plant it. Usually it's weeds. But this week as I was wandering around checking to see how soon the next round of raspberries would be ripe, I discovered this:
4. I always love my knit times. Saturday was our monthly group meeting at the local coffee shop. And one morning, I met my Nurse daughter for coffee and knitting just to hang out and chat.
3. This week T and S met us for our coffee date at a new place. This coffee shop is fairly new in its town, but had been recommended by several people even though it is located in the county south of us. It's in a hundred year old house and all the floors and woodwork are original. And the coffee got a double thumbs up from The Professor.
5. I am thankful that during the horrible wind and thunderstorm earlier this week that our family remained safe. At my son's home, there was a several hour power outage, but electricity was back on by 9pm. You may have seen on the news that the roof of a local church (about 4.5 miles from us) was blown off and many trees and branches blew down. That's how strong the storm was. I am thankful that no one was killed and that my family is safe. After that storm, our weather has moderated and we have been able to do some weeding in the garden and to take walks two evenings.
How was your week? Can you find five blessings?
1 comment:
Hello Linda. Sounds like you've had quite a week, with the violent storm! Have a lovely weekend, enjoying calmer weather, good coffee, watching the birds . . . I think my favorite is also the hummingbirds, when they alight on our fountain and start bobbing and ducking to enjoy the water. They fascinate me, too, with how very fast they move! It's astounding.
Post a Comment