Friday, July 31, 2026

The Very Last Day of July Faves

I'm a bit late posting my Friday Fave Fives because I've been busy celebrating my daughter's birthday (see Fave #5).  But I'm here now to share five blessings from this past week.  I've been doing this for several years and it is important to me to stop and reflect on how blessed I am.

So here are my Faves from this last week and very last day of July 2026.

1.  What's more fun than a fairy trail in the local county park?  PAL and her parents joined us for a ramble at the park and we decided to visit the fairy trail.












Which one is your favorite?

3.  Tall Boy is getting everything in order to begin his freshmen year of university.  It's the local campus of the state university, and it's walking distance from our homes.  One evening, The Professor and I walked over to the uni and strolled around the campus to get a better feel for it.  We have walked past the campus weekly for six years and haven't really wandered around it.   So we did.  One of the interesting bits about the campus is all the statues placed everywhere.





Yes, those are statues, not human fishermen.

4.  Younger Grandson passed his driver's test this week!  So proud of him and his diligence and careful driving.  He's been dreaming of this day for years!

5.  It's Nurse Daughter's birthday today!  Happy Birthday to our youngest!!  We celebrated doing what she loves best.  Walking her dogs and having coffee.  No photos from today.  But here are a couple of her as a two year old, playing outside in our remote Indonesian village.



Some things never change...


And a bonus photo.  Cuz you can't have too many barn pictures.





11 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh my goodness, I loved all the fairy pictures, but the ones with the tea parties were my favorites! I have sadly neglected my own little fairy village, and need to go clean it up and bring it back to "life". I love all those statues at the campus, especially the father and son fishing! That really does look real! How great that your grandson can attend the university so close to home! That's a blessing! And congratulations to your younger grandson for getting his driver's license! That is a "rite of passage" that most young people truly get excited about! Now Praying for him to be a safe and careful driver always!! And Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter. I love the pictures of her as a child...such an interesting life she had with you! And of course the barn photo is great! I love the field of daisies or dandelions or whatever they are in front of it...perfect country scene. Thank you for sharing it all with us today. I enjoyed your Five Faves!!!

Wendy said...

Belated birthday wishes to your daughter and congratulations to your grandson on passing his driving test. A blessed week indeed. The fairy trail is cute. My favourite would be the cafe. Enjoy the weekend.

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

I like them all although in A forest setting I lean toward the more rustic ones. But they're all adorable!

ellen b. said...

Happiest of birthdays to your youngest! I like that campus and all the statues! Wow...walking distance. That is great. I'm going with the cool ship as my favorite. Happy August to you.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, youngest daughter. May this coming year have many great cups of coffee, and many knitting projects with Willow!
The barn was beautiful. Mary

Faith said...

Happies of birthdays to your younger girl! The pics from when she was small are priceless. My hubby's birthday was the 29th.

Love the barn and the FAIRY TRAIL!!!!! Love that!!

And congrats to younger grandboy on the driving and to older one for heading to a very interesting looking campus!

Barbara Harper said...

Are you missing a #2, or am I missing it? I love that fairy trail! How neat that your grandson's college is so nearby. Belated happy birthday to your daughter! Congratulations to your grandson for passing his driver's test!

Tom said...

...there can never be too many barns!

Susanne said...

Well how fun is that Fairy Trail. I think I love the log cabin the best. Congrats to the grandkids, one on starting university and the other on his driver's license. Happy birthday to your girl!

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
I love the Fairy Trail. We had one on a trail that we hiked a few years ago. You have made me want to go back to see if it is still there.
Happy Birthday to your girl.
And high fives to your grandson.
xo

nikkipolani said...

How fun to discover all these whimsical fairy homes! And such a wonderful variety. These statues at the university are certainly a distinctive feature. It's terrific that you are all so close to it.

Love those pics of your girl when she was just a pip looking so full of toddler life :-)