It may seem strange to be knitting red and white striped blankets in hot August. Why candy cane Christmas colors??
Well, there's a reason. Actually, there are two reasons. First, my daughter had bought a bunch of red and white yarn to make a blanket for a friend's daughter who plays softball. Her team colors are red, white and black. But the shades of white (ivory?) and red (garnet) weren't quite right for it. So she passed on the unwanted skeins to me.
My first thought was Christmas! So, I decided to make some crib blankets for the local pregnancy center. They give away booties and blankets to expectant moms. Maybe someone is expecting a December baby and they will want a Christmas themed blanket.
So, onto the needles it went. I'm almost finished now. Five rows of red and four of white. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:
These are so special, I know it will be really appreciated. And the Christmas babies will look adorable in them!
...on this hot day, I feel cooler all ready.
Love how you think. Mary
Post a Comment