In the late afternoon, The Professor and I decided to walk up the hills to Cope Park. Gold Creek, which empties into the ocean channel near the whale fountain, flows from above Downtown Juneau. Cope Park is bordered on the north side by Gold Creek passing down the mountain. Seeing the creek was worth the steep walk up to the park.
Where Gold Creek runs down into the channel...
As we walked back to Downtown to eat dinner in one of the wonderful restaurants, we passed these flags which decorated the streets. Just another beautiful reminder of how proud the people of Alaska are of their 'forty-ninth' state.







5 comments:
The flags are true works of native art!!
...yes the flags are wonderful.
I love the flags. Your photos are great Willow, someday I hope to visit Alaska.
Gold creek is very cool looking. The idea of walking to great sites and walking back to a restaurant is an idyllic way of traveling to me.
I know I've missed a few posts while the blogger thing was messed up. I love seeing your pictures from your trip. So much beauty and interesting things to see in Alaska! I'm so glad you stayed long enough to do a lot of things and go to so many wonderful places.! Thank you for sharing it with us! This is probably as far as I will ever get! Have a lovely week!!
Post a Comment