Friday. First week of September. Life is beginning to be back to normal. Every week seems to surprise us with routines changed and unexpected happenings. That's ok. It means we are human and alive. What's important is that we are thankful to be alive and be blessed in so many ways. Friday Fave Fives helps me with that.
1. The local brewing company where we sometimes played Trivia Night with other locals sadly shut down. The couple who we had started playing with on their team and with our older daughter Deb who is the aero-space engineer (she really is a rocket scientist!) found another local spot that plays Trivia on Thursday evenings. So we have started joining them there. It's fun!
2. Weather this week has been scorching hot and humid. Several days, we were under a severe heat advisory. Today is slightly cooler and we have had rain (and thunder and lightning). I am thankful for AC and for a safe place to live. I know that it may be boring to read this fave many times during the summer months, but a cool safe place to live is truly a blessing.
3. My veggie garden is beginning to come to its end of giving produce. But we are still having kale and tomatoes every day. And the sunflowers are still blooming. I will always be thankful for my garden.
Even the bees are happy we are home.
4. My lovely next door neighbor has been removing everything from her late parents' home and preparing to sell it. She had some furniture that she needed to pass on. Nearly new couch, chair and ottoman, and another chair. The furniture is now in our house awaiting us to rearrange our living room and family room. I am so thankful for her generosity in giving them to us.
5. Fifty-four years ago today, at his parents' thirtieth anniversary celebration, The Professor and I announced our engagement! I am thankful for all the years we have traveled the world together! We don't look much like those two young ones anymore.




10 comments:
I love that picture of the two of you!
What a sweet and beautiful picture of you both, so young and excited and ready to conquer the world together! I love this!! How nice that your garden has still been producing! I have a lot to learn about gardening, and ours did not do so well this summer. It was so hot and dry here that it just became really difficult to keep up with it. Now we are finally getting the more regular rains that we needed all summer, but the garden is done. How nice to get some new to you furniture! That's always fun!! And yes, we are ALL thankful for our AC this year. It's definitely had a work out! But here in Florida, that is the norm for us pretty much almost year round, except for a couple of months in the winter we might be able to turn off the AC and use the heat, but there are some days that they are both on and off in the same day! LOL. Have a lovely Labor Day weekend.
...I wish you many more years together.
Love the engagement photo. Woohoo! What a nice gifting from your neighbor. I'm testing to see if my comment publishing. Such a huge issue yesterday with blogger!
Yippee, looks like they fixed the glitch!
I love that pic of you and the Professor! May you have many more celebations and travels together! Nice of your neighbor to gift you the furniture! Glad you found another place to play games
You are such a cute couple in this photo! It has been so hot here as well, and the thunderstorm only made it more humid. So exciting to have new furniture!
Lovely picture of you two! And how special that you announced your engagement at his parents party.
The photos of the sunflowers are beautiful, especially the one with the blue sky in the background.
New furniture is always so nice, espcially at that price ;)
What a sweet picture of you two! I think I remember the pattern for that dress! We were under a heat advisory much of this week, too. We had out-of-own family visiting, and it was too hot for any outdoor activity. How nice of your neighbor to give you their late parents' furniture.
Hi Willow,
Oh that photo, it is so sweet.
How exciting to have new furniture. :-)
Post a Comment