Friday, October 02, 2026

First October Faves

 Now I'm convinced that Fall is truly here.  It's October!  And it's Friday.  It has been an active week and I have hardly even been on my computer much.  Time to hit a pause button and relax a bit and think about the blessings of this week.  Friday Faves Fives is my way to do that.

1.  I am thankful for sunrises and sunsets.  In a book that my Art Girls friends and I are reading, the author reminds us to notice how God shows us every day the beauty of His creation.  We have decided to share our sunrise and sunset photos with each other.  I sent them this one which I know I have posted here before.

2.  I am also thankful for rainy days.  Like today.  The rain replenishes our ground and garden so I don't have to water it.   There is something about rainy days that makes me feel it is okay to relax a bit.  Tea and a book and my knitting.


3.  I am thankful for my Art Girls friends.  Years ago, we all five lived in the same town in California and enjoyed our times together painting, knitting, discussing books, visiting art museums.  Then three of us moved away.  But we still maintain our friendships via texts and zoom meetings

4.  Two hikes this week with Mia and the dogs.  One of the hikes was at the county park Infirmary Mound.  The area is quite hilly and much is covered with forest.  There's a lake which we walked around.  Two or three miles here is definitely a workout.  This photo doesn't show just how high the hill was where we were standing.

5.  I am thankful that my daughter-in-law Jennifer  (PAL's mom) encouraged me to join Well Read Mom book club.  I am reading books that I would never have added to my list.  This month's read is So Big by Edna Ferber.  I am enjoying it and I don't think I would have ever read this book if the book club hadn't chosen it for the October read.

I hope you have found time this week to relax and remind yourself of the beauty around you.

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am wondering why it has the name infirmary. Maybe because that is where you have to go after that climb! Your sky photo is gorgeous! Sounds like a great book club.

Barbara Harper said...

It's finally feeling fallish here, too, though it's only starting to look like it. I keep thinking I need to deliberately make an effort to see sunrises or sunsets more often. Our windows are situated such that I don't catch them. It's good your Art Girls keep in touch.

Connie said...

Taking the time to say thank to our Father for all the amazing blessings He showers down on us daily helps us to look around at His merciful and gracious hands. Aren't sunsets amazing, each one different and He has been painting the skies since the begining of creation. What an amazing God we serve 🥰