Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Musing

Mia mentioned this morning as we were walking along the beach getting our feet wet in the surf that I haven't been blogging lately. That's true. Because I've been gone a lot and because I like to write about my knitting and I'm in a dry spell with the knitting.

I think it's normal to cycle in and out of crafts and art. You can obsess about fiber or whatever and then all of a sudden lose interest. I don't lose interest, it's just that something else comes along to asborb my time and energy--like wedding planning, traveling, reading. There's a season for everything and right now it's NOT the season for knitting.

I am still totally frustrated by the entralac and don't even want to pick up my size 6 needles and look at the swatch. The white sweater I'm knitting is BORING and I don't feel much like working on it.

My time is being focused this week on dentist appointments, company (a family of 5 overnight tonight and then one person from tomorrow until Aug 1), and wedding invitations which includes writing addresses and cutting and glueing 250 sets of ribbons. So one can understand why there's not much knitting going on right now.

A happy note: Mia and I had lunch at Islands with Mike. I love talking with my kids and listening to them converse with each other. We discussed the unofficial civil war in Iraq, the Israeli-Lebanon/Hezbollah conflict, the possibility of a larger style conflict in the Middle East, the reinstitution of the draft and several other topics, including playing Scrabble.

2 comments:

Life is a Marathon said...

Hello! I promised I'd write. I know what you mean about the blogging lull... Anyway, check it out. =)

It was good to see you the other day. =)

Mama Mia said...

you forgot to mention that it was strip scrabble! ;oP

and we love spending time and talking with you, mumsy dearest!