During November, I like to post daily to document my thankfulness. It's not that I am not thankful every day, but Thanksgiving Month offers the opportunity to focus on gratitude. Of course, with Susanne's Friday Fave Five, we do that weekly. And so here are my five faves for the week and also my additions for November eight and nine.
1. I am thankful for this young woman! For the second year, she is my TA, and this year I have the privilege of training her in all the whos, whens and whys of teaching IEW composition classes. She is a joy. She's so smart. She's also hilarious. I may be teaching her, but she's educating me about Steampunk, Slender Man, and graphic comics.
2. Rain in Southern California. It rained on Thursday and more rain is forecast for Friday and Saturday. However, even in the rain, the beach is beautiful.
3. Again this semester, the Professor was lighting director for the play produced by the performing arts department at the university. Unlike other times, he did not have to be there for all six performances because he has been training students to run the lighting boards. We attended the play on closing night, and the cast gifted him with accolades, applause and flowers.
4. Fresh fruit and fresh vegetables from our farmers market. I could list this as a fave every week. Cucumbers, romaine lettuce, apples, potatoes, broccoli--all grown locally.
5. Chocolate. After a long day. Just one piece. Gotta say, I needed it like our parched earth needed the rain.
Your turn. What are you thankful for this week?