Thursday, November 29, 2012

Five Times Twenty-nine

Five Times Twenty-nine equals Friday Fave Five.  On this 29th day of November, I am continuing to post my list of gratitude and thankfulness for Thanksgiving Month.

1. I am near the end of my research for a solution to the No Photos Allowed Debaucle.  Thanks to friends who have given advice when I've asked, I may be Back In Photo Business soon.

2. Gifted.  A friend knew I was looking for a side table that matched my living room decor.  She is stream-lining her furniture and offered me a sleek teak table that's exactly the right height.  It's perfect.

3. This week I have overcome one of my irrational dislikes.  Normally, I won't walk in the rain.  I'm not a rain person because I dislike getting soaked and cold.  Southern California rain storms can drench you to the bone through several layers of clothing in five minutes or less.  This week's rain has been more mild and gentle.  I ventured out twice to walk my neighborhood. In. The. Rain.

4. It's the week after Thanksgiving.  You know what that means!  Christmas music!  (and The Professor says to add Starbucks Christmas Blend coffee)

5. Starbucks Peppermint Mocha.  With Soy.  No whip.

Thanks to Susanne for hosting Friday Fave Five every week, every month, not just in November.

8 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Hope you can find a solution to the photo issue soon. I imagine that's very frustrating.

I was trying to make myself wait til Dec. 1 for Christmas music, but I couldn't. :-)

I wouldn't be fond of walking in the rain, either.

Neat that that end table fit so well!

Jerralea said...

It's great when friends share. I'm sure the table means more to you since it came from a friend.

I do hope you'll be able to share photos soon. You always have such lovely ones.

ellen b. said...

I finally pulled out some Christmas music last night. Glad the table works!

Susan @ FruitfulWords said...

Starbucks Christmas Blend coffee and Starbucks Peppermint Mocha with whip (I'll take yours) are truly 2 delicious tastes of the season. I had the latter one yesterday which was esp yummy because of the rain.

I am wondering what your photo solution will be. I just might copy you!!

Hope your walks this week are wonderful and mostly dry, Willow.

Susanne said...

I love walking in the rain. But then again we don't get that kind of downpouring too often here. The mild and gentle is the stuff I like! Good for you for taking your dislike head on.

It's great to know somebody, somewhere on this ol' internet knows how to get around issues. Looking forward to your pics coming back.

Nice of your friend to bless you with that table. And now I need to get to Starbucks. :v)

nikkipolani said...

Oh, that peppermint mocha sounds lovely. I think it's time to try making some at home. And good hunting on your photo solution. We want to see this perfect-fit table!

Melanie - Author/Editor said...

Ooooh Peppermint Mocha...I'll have to try that!

I have two border collie dogs so I have walk in the rain...and snow, lol. It's not TOO bad but I'd prefer dry weather :)

Brenda said...

I too hope you find the solution to your photo problem. I know when I started blogging I never imagined I would still be doing it now. It presents some interesting challenges :)