1. I took a hike. Up a mountain. To the top. Among the burned up cinders of the recent wildfire. Across a meadow. Eight miles. Then back down another trail to the Pacific Ocean.
Acres and acres of charred trees and grasses.
But there was evidence of new trail construction.
(We were hiking from the trail beyond the bridge and only saw the DANGER sign after we had crossed the bridge. Fortunately, it was sufficiently stable for foot traffic.)
And new growth!
There was ONE yucca plant blooming already!
2. The Professor read a NEW WORD this week. Neither of us had ever heard or seen this word before:
So, yeah, we are a bit nerdy about language. It's not often The Professor finds a word with which he is completely unfamiliar. In context, he understood its meaning, but it was a new word.
3. I am making progress on the mammoth scanning of photos project. I wrote a blog post about it and if you are interested, I'd appreciate your reading it and contributing any wisdom and experience you might have.
4. A friend and a dinner. We drove to Santa Barbara to have dinner with a lady and her grandson who is a close friend of Son #2. It was a delightful dinner, and we thoroughly enjoyed their company and conversation.
5. A clean closet. I spent an hour or two one day this week decluttering my closet. I love my clean and decluttered closet!
A new fave quote.
"In my experience, the people who survive are the ones who are willing to travel light."