Didja miss me? Or didn't you notice I was MIA for three weeks?
5,853 miles. Fifteen states (and four of those states twice).
You can read some of my daily posts below, but today I want to focus on Five Faves from those weeks of travel.
Willow's Three Weeks for Friday's Fave Five (click for the link to Susanne's blog)
1. Safety. All those miles and no accidents. A couple of times I know we were spared at least a fender bender because of The Professor's excellent defensive driving and God's care and protection.
2. The Professor and I have now visited forty-nine of the fifty states in the United States of America. The only one we are now missing is---
Plans are fomenting in his big brain.
Maybe a cruise?
My forty-ninth state!
3. Visiting historical spots. As history
freaks enthusiasts, we loved including points of historical interest in our daily destinations.
Click here to see my post about historical places we visited related to Laura Ingalls Wilder.
Natchez Trace Parkway
Also, we visited the River Walk in San Antonio
as well as two Spanish missions
(come back later to see photos)
Yeah, we love history!
4. Spending time with Our Boy!
You know how it is--you can only take so many photos before the inevitable happens.
5. At the end, however, no matter how much we love to travel, how much we enjoy visiting fascinating places,
there's no place like home.
It's lovely to be back.