1. I am thankful that I have the flexibility in my summer schedule to take the time to rest.
2. I am thankful for books to read. Browsing in the library, I picked up a Louis L'Amour novel partly because we had been talking about how he wrote about the places where we had traveled in the Southwest during our road trip--places like Texas, New Mexico and the Arizona desert. This week I've revisited those places through the eyes and words of Louis L'Amour's books. It's not deep meaningful literature but it's perfect for rest and relaxation.
3. I am thankful for the gift card given to me at the end of the school year which provided the opportunity for me to purchase two books. (Yes, the theme here may be sitting around reading) I bought another Newbery Award book. Ginger Pye (1952). Also, I had read some reviews of a book about eating vegan. Great recipes. Good advice. So I decided to buy it. I seldom purchase books, especially cookbooks, but this one includes lists of restaurant chains which offer vegan friendly options and several other helpful lists like daily and weekly menus.
4. I am thankful for easy knitting. My brain just didn't want to work on anything intricate this week. So I found easy 'brain-dead' knitting: simple dishcloths.
5. Last, but certainly not least, I am thankful for my faithful husband. On Sunday we celebrated our fortieth wedding anniversary. Our wonderful road trip was our gift to each other, so our actual anniversary was rather low key...church, farmers market, lunch, hang out, pleasant walk. Weren't we cute forty years ago?
How was your week?