Willow's Week for Friday Fave Five
1. One evening we enjoyed dinner with long long time friends. It's wonderful that we now live in the same town, but we realized that we hadn't been together for MONTHS. So we just decided to have dinner. We've hit on the perfect solution to make it easy to get together: choose your own meal and bring it: BYOM. Fellowship and friendship doesn't have to mean a big dinner. All we want is to hang out together and this way takes away all the stress of being the host/hostess.
2. Fun afternoon at the Ventura County Fair. Every year, I volunteer to demonstrate spinning at the Ventura County Weavers and Spinners Guild booth. It's so much fun! Four students/parents wandered past and were surprised to see me 'outside of class'. One boy asked, "So, is this your hobby?" So cute! Of course, in all the preparation for the trip and the demo, I forgot my camera. Not. One. Photo.
3. Safe and uneventful drive across the California and Arizona deserts to Phoenix.
4. Comfy arrangements at the home of my son and daughter-in-law. And that bit of extra time to spend with them. (Added blessing: we will be here for a couple of hours on his birthday!)
5. Happy Birthday this week to my youngest child! She has always been a delight and has blessed us so very much with her personality, her love for her family, her love for God, her love of justice and mercy.
Everyone agreed she was a beautiful baby!
One hour old.