Giving Thanks. This month of November and in particular this week of the US Thanksgiving holiday, everyone around me, on facebook, and in the news, is focusing on giving thanks. One of the main reason I like to participate in Friday Fave Fives is that ALL. YEAR. LONG. Every. Week. I engage by my own focus and by the encouragement of other people in giving thanks for whatever comes my way during that week.
1. I love 'spur of the moment' outings. My friend/neighbor had a free day and after hearing me rave about the Cyrus Cylinder at the Getty Villa, she decided she wanted to take a Monday afternoon field trip and invited me along. I loved returning to reread and review the exhibit. I learned more history and noticed more details. I was able to revisit one of my favorite museums with one of my favorite people. Win-win.
2. Company coming provided the impetus to deep clean my house. I love a clean and orderly home, but I'd let myself get in to a rut of just making do and the house was looking like it. Knowing that Thanksgiving (and next month, Christmas) company will be arriving has given me the boost I needed. I've made my cleaning list [two rooms a day] and I'm sticking to it. I've even moved some furniture around. It looks like a new place.
3. Finishing a couple of knitting projects. Two red and green hats for a baby for his first Christmas. A sweater and hat(s) set for a relative's grandson. After I mailed them off, I realized I hadn't taken photos of them. Even so, it was good to get them off my 'Works in Progress' list.
4. On Saturday I washed my car. It rained on Wednesday. Obviously, there is a connection. Everyone in my area should thank me for our first rainfall--all .17 inches of it. You're welcome.
5. A full week off for Thanksgiving. No more explanation necessary.