1. I can tell it's autumn. It's a little tiny bit cooler at night. There have been a few foggy mornings. No leaves are shimmering gold or glowing burnt orange. This is as autumnal as it gets here. Yeah, it's not much...but it's a sign. What a re-leaf.
2. I am enjoying the birds which gather at my neighbor's bird bath daily. Although I have no idea what kind of birds are playing there, I am amused by them.
3. I do love my job. Teaching late elementary school students means I get the best of all worlds. They're still children. But they're old enough to interact and contribute to discussions. Why is it that the GIRLS write stories with sad and brutal endings more often than BOYS do?
4. Last weekend we were in the land of dry deserts and palo verde trees and saguaro cacti. The more than fourteen hours in the car was a small price to pay to see our new grandgirl. Her parents asked me to bring the baby sling/wrap I used to carry my babies, but it is temporarily packed up with the rest of our belongings, so I made a new one. Gotta love facebook! I put out a request to my Papua friends to measure the dimensions for an Indonesian selendang, and within just a few minutes, I had the information I needed. A quick trip to the fabric store for batik material and a spool of thread, an even quicker cut and sew session, and we had a perfect fit.
5. My husband knows me so well. I asked him if he had a suggestion for a fave. His immediate thought was, "Sharky's burritos". Oh yeah! We do love Sharky's! I dropped by this afternoon and picked up two burritos to go for dinner--they're generous enough that they fill us up for two meals. Sharky's = nom noms.
My week wasn't exciting, but it was one of those quiet work-a-day weeks which most often fill our months and years. And that's ok. I've been blessed with an uninteresting week.