It seems odd and yet completely fitting to share the small blessings of this week with Friday Fave Fives. For me, it's a tradition--Friday's blog post is Willow's Week in Friday Five Faves. I still need to do that. It helps, I think, as we remember September 11, 2001.
1. It has been HOT here this week. Temperatures have been in the high 80s and low 90sF. And it's so dry. The only consolation for the heat has been the stunning sunsets. The evening cooler temperature is a blessing!
2. We live on the edge of the rugged Santa Monica Mountains. Regularly, we see wildlife hanging around or wandering through the neighborhood. This week we saw a large raccoon on our nightly walk. One day as I drove into the driveway, I startled a deer who had been browsing and grazing on the bank behind our house. After I snapped the photo of the sunset above, I walked around to the back of the house and there was the sentinel daddy quail standing guard in the bush at the top of the bank. Honestly, I think quail are the cutest birds alive. I'm blessed to share my land with wildlife.
3. This is my last week of summer break. I guess it's not really break anymore since I've been spending hours every day working on lessons. But in between I've run errands and been to the library and just sat at home and read. I'm thankful for these last quiet days.
4. After one long session with those lesson plans, I rewarded myself with a Pumpkin Spice Latte (soy, of course). I buy one a year. It was worth it. (not my photo)
5. I posted this photo of the two hats I made this week on facebook (same photo I posted here yesterday). Lots of people 'liked' it and one friend made a comment [The leaves are perfect!] which got me thinking... I'm going to knit this pattern with orange and brown leaves. More inspiration!
These, my little blessings, are what filled my week. Obviously, it's not a complete list of what I am grateful for--the Labor Day dinner with friends, the small group meeting at our home on Sunday night ought to be included. I am thankful that this weekly Fave Fives helps me Remember God's Grace and Blessing to me.