Willow's Week in Friday Fave Fives.
Hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story
1. Rain! Did you hear that it rained in Southern California this week?? We really don't know what to do when it rains but we're always happy when it does. This buzzfeed video made me laugh!
2. I teach homeschool kids how to write. That's my job. But teaching kids is more than just a job to me. Teaching is my opportunity to 'change the world', to influence children (and their parents). I love it when moms and older kids return to the upper classes and take the time to drop in and see me, give me hugs. I check how tall they've grown--I'm always the shortest person. When I greet the new parents, I hope I encourage the ones who know they have children with learning challenges. Making a difference with these students is the real reason I teach and it encourages me to see the hope in their eyes.
3. I found this quote by Mother Teresa:
Let no one ever come to you
without leaving better and happier.
Be the living expression of God's kindness:
Kindness in your face,
Kindness in your eyes,
Kindness in your smile.
4. How I love living near the ocean. One evening, we took our dinner to the beach. We sat in our car during dinner, then walked a bit to enjoy the sunset.
5. I have a thing for doors and gates and windows. I love photographing them. This week at The Professor's university, I walked past this door on the way to the library. There's just something mysterious and at the same time inviting about doors, especially ones left ajar.
And you? How was your week? Were there open doors, inviting sunsets, encouraging words?