1. None of my children live within the same state where we are, so holidays aren't often celebrated together. Chaplain Dan's military assignment brought him to within 100 miles of us last weekend, so we happily hopped on a couple of Los Angeles freeways to drive to where he had a couple of hours free before he returned to Arizona. So I got to spend a bit of Mother's Day weekend with my first born.
2. I posted the above photo on facebook on Mother's Day and was delighted to see that it received more than 100 likes/loves from friends. Yeah, I know it's facebook, and it's not like it's hard to 'like' a photo, but it still made me happy.
3. Although they are spread out across the US (and sometimes the world), my four adventurers always check in with me on special days. I wonder if they know how much those phone calls mean to me.
4. I always love a sunset. May and June are great months to photograph sunsets here because the seasonal fog which creeps in most evenings creates interesting shapes in the sky as the sun sets. This photo was snapped from the car as The Professor was driving home from our meet up with Chaplain Dan in Orange County (#1).
5. I hope you like bug and caterpillar pictures! Here is a monarch butterfly caterpillar (larva). In spring they are usually crawling all over our milkweed plants and devouring all the leaves until nothing is left of the poor milkweed. Evidently this one was either scouting for more leaves or searching for a spot to build its cocoon as it was meandering aimlessly around my patio which is completely devoid of milkweed. Which end is his head and which his tail? Why would I choose caterpillars as a fave? Well, I like them. They're cute. And they're fun to photograph.