Happy Friday! Happy Friday Fave Fives! Here is Willow's Week...
1. The door on my front loading washer broke. As I was pulling it open after it finished a load of towels, the plastic handle snapped. It wasn't completely detached, but I couldn't open the door. As I stood there contemplating how I was going to rescue those wet towels from a moldy, mildewy death, suddenly I had an inspiration. One might call it a McGyver moment. DUCT TAPE! Duct Tape will hold that handle together. Duct Tape fixes everything. So I did. And it does. To be sure, this is merely a temporary solution, so in the next few weeks, there may be more Faves on the subject of either new washers or repaired washers.
2. "You are invited..." My nephew's wife is imminently expecting their first child. Last weekend there was a baby shower. So I nudged my sister-in-law into accompanying me on that perilous journey to Los Angeles County to celebrate this new addition to the clan. Other sister-in-law was there too and we had a gay old time laughing together and hanging out with the grandmas to be and the aunties, too.
3. Congratulations to me! As of this week, I am RETIRED! I taught my last regular writing class.
4. The end of the year is always fun and the students were in great form as we closed out the year. We played Mrs. Willow's IEW* Jeopardy which they love. They shared goodies and also showered me with lovely gifts. Obviously, they are aware that I love my coffee because there were a couple of caffeine related gift cards. *Institute for Excellence in Writing--the curriculum I teach.
5. I think the best gift I received was orchestrated by my most creative teenage helper who is practicing to be a TA. She secretly arranged for all the students in the Thursday classes to write notes to me which she printed and bound into a book of memories. So. So. Sweet. I will treasure it forever.