Friday, March 31, 2017

March--Out Like a Lamb

Here it is Friday already.  I had planned to post another England Adventure, but, oops, time got away from me.  So I am posting Willow's Week in Friday Fave Fives on this last day of March. Our weather is wonderful and warm.  The sun is shining!

1.  I finished  a cowl for a friend who will be wearing it in Ireland next week.  Details, if you are interested-- Size 9 needles, Red Heart Soft yarn, 161 stitches,


2.  Time out for a walk at the beach.


Ventura Pier from both directions


I have NO idea WHY there were numerous driftwood shacks built along the shore between the pier and Surfer's Point.  But they are fun art creations.






3.  I can't get enough of the California poppies.  These were growing in the dunes and are unusual because they are two colored--orange and yellow.



4.  Our car needed some body work done on it.  Finally, after many delays, I was able to take it in this week since I had a day and a half when I wouldn't need my car.  The result of the mechanic's magic on the hood makes my car look like new!  We have the best mechanic ever!  He is kind, thoughtful, and fair, and he does excellent work.

5.  An evening at the university.  The Professor had worked on the lighting and worked during the rehearsal so we decided to attend the concert.  Perla Batalla singing Leonard Cohen songs.  What impressed me as much as Batalla's singing (LOVE her voice!) were the session musicians--keyboard, bass, drums, lute, and violin--who were excellent.  (This in no way makes a statement about Cohen's lyrics, which I personally find a bit weird--but his melodies are fantastic.)

Just for fun--more beach photos.




Enjoy your weekend, friends!  Watch for those favorites in your life!

8 comments:

Faith said...

Great photos!! I love the ones of the driftwood art!! we used to collect driftwood on the shoresmof The Great Sacandaga Lake near where my mom grew up and where we had our summer camp. My oldest daughter would love seeing these creations. My mom used to create little seasonal scenes from them.

going to concerts is something we rarely do anymore....glad you got to one and it made me realize that our summer season is a good time to pick up some concerts at SPAC.. am hoping,to do more of that this year.

enjoy your weekend!

ellen b said...

Wonderful photos. The wildflowers in California are flourishing from all the rainfall you've had. Niece Michelle and hubby + kids went to the poppy fields out by them (Santa Clarita) off the beaten track and the photos were glorious. The wood creations on the beach are fun. Hope your weekend is great! We have rain...again...and again...

Gracie Saylor said...

Hi Willow! I have just visited your posts back to the end of January and was delighted to enjoy the photos and stories from your travels at home and abroad: Eleanor Elizabeth, sheep, ancient stones, the sea, family, California Poppies...thanks so much for sharing. xx

Mereknits said...

Can I say I would love to be wearing that cowl in Ireland? I am reading a novel set in Ireland right now and want to walk on the beautiful hills described int the book and of course visit the local pub.

snoopydogknits said...

Hello there! I've just enjoyed looking through your England photos. It looks as though you had a lovely time. Ros x

Gattina said...

I wished I could walk along the beach ! It only should be a little closer and a little warmer !

Susanne said...

I want to be at that beach! Love the cowl you made! A handy dandy mechanic is definitely a blessing to have.

Jocelyn said...

Sounds like a lovely week! Music always makes me happy, as does the beach. It's time to make some space for sand between my toes, I think!