Here it is, the First Friday of 2018.
Welcome to Friday Fave Fives!
I'm reporting in from a very COLD place where there is SNOW.
I am still visiting family, and it's COLD! Being in this frigid weather, I am reminded to be thankful for things we often simply take for granted like:
1. Hot drinks. Sadly, my daughter's electric tea kettle died. But, we were able to simply drive to the store and purchase another one. Making a mug of tea is easy. And helps keep me warm.
2. Electric blankets. Who knew?
3. Hmmm, electricity. To keep those appliances and blankets working. Piped right into the house. Twenty-four hours a day. Every day.
4. Extra time with The (Not So) New Boy. He has had late starts at school and now today school was cancelled due to 'weather' which I think means the COLD. We braved the low temperatures one day and took a walk. He decided he was my protector, using snowballs and icicles for defense.
5. Warm clothes. Wool socks. Extra layers of clothes. Boots. I'm thankful I have these!
To all of you who live in this kind of weather all winter, you have my respect!