Friday, February 15, 2019

Fiber Theme

I am so thankful for the ability to create beautiful things from fiber.  This week I've been focusing on finishing some things.  Other than the usual daily tasks, this is what I've done.  They're my Fave Finishes!  I'm sharing them for Friday Fave Fives with Susanne as our host.

1.  The main reason I have been focusing on the knitting is that I emptied the four drawers of yarn this week and reorganized them  My intent was to pull out and give away some of the yarn I know I'll never use.  The Professor told me I should have taken a photo of the bed--piled high with different yarns all in their little sections.  Acrylic. Wool. Sock. Cotton.  At least it's organized again and some is finding its way to others who will use it.

2.  A vest.  It's still in the beginning stages.  I love love love the yarn--wool and silk. Yum.


3.  Socks.  I've decided to work my way through a bunch of sock yarn.  You can't have too many warm socks when it's rainy and damp and cold.  I was working on this sock at the doctor's office this week and drew a lot of attention.  (Was it the sharp needles or the yarn?)


4.  Scarves.  It was almost Valentine's Day and I had some left over red and pink yarns.  What to make?  Another scarf!  I started it with warping on Tuesday night and finished it on Thursday evening.  I'll be wearing it to a Valentine's dinner tonight (Friday night). The colors in the photo show the scarf to have much more pink tones and less red.  In real life, the scarf is mostly red.


5.  Another bunny.  This one is for Easter.  Photos soon.

How did you enjoy your week?  Any creative outlets?

9 comments:

Faith said...

All of MY creativity went into lessons for the preschoolers with special needs I teach. I'll have,to tell you in an email how i made a mitten to go with The Mitten lesson by Jan Brett.

Those socks are really pretty colors and are my faves!! The scarf is pretty too.

Enjoy the weekend.

Mereknits said...

A good yarn clean out is the best, it reminds you of what you already have. Love all your projects. I need to get back to weaving, but time is limited.

ellen b. said...

Pretty sock yarn and vest yarn. My creative outlet this week was planning a belated Valentine dinner for our eastern kids and mom/mom-in-law.

Karen said...

So many pretty colors and textures. I love, love the scarf!

Wendy said...

Lovely scarf and I think anyone knitting socks draws attention because they always look so hard to me - 4 needles! yikes I just about manage 2. I hope you enjoyed your Valentine's dinner.

Barbara H. said...

It's always nice to reorganize crafts supplies - to get them in order and remind ourselves what we have. The socks, scarf,and vest look nice! My creative outlets last week were making Valentine's cards for the family.

Martha said...

I had to smile with the thought of knitting at the doctor's office. I knitted socks while waiting for my dad's appointments because Daddy liked the attention it drew.

Susanne said...

I am loving all those blues in the yarn! So pretty and calming. Had to giggle as I pictured all the yarn on the bed.

You mentioned on my post that you have a high school friend that lives in Foremost? That is about an hour away from me! My condolences for the loss of your friend. Her brother probably was about frozen. We've had cold weather warnings over the weekend yet again.

Tracy said...

Hi, Willow... Yes, would have loved to have seen a "before" photo! ;) Love all the blues and pinks you're using for current project--beautiful! Never enough socks, that is very true! I'm addicted to knitting socks and always have one on the go now. Knitting and crochet are my primary creative outlets these days, and makes me VERY happy!! Happy & blessed days to you & yours ((HUGS))