Here we are at Friday again!
1. Of course, on the top of the list is my trip to Oregon. I spent three days with my brother and Flower.
2. I also went by the MarketPlace for The Knit and Crochet Show on Friday and found the booths of Red Fish Dye Works and Fiber Rhythm and bought some unspun fiber and bamboo yarn. I've already drafted one of the silk/merino blend fibers and started spinning. Photos? Oops. Still on the camera.
3. Short timers calender. I have three work days left in the school year. I'm looking forward to spending more time in the garden and puttering around my little cottage. Rather high on my to do list is decluttering.
4. Today is a very special day! Our youngest girl, MamaMia, is walking in commencement at San Diego State University. She will be wearing a gold cord with her gown. Word on the street is that she is getting an award... Are we proud parents? Oh Yes!
5. The Professor and I ate our first tomatoes out of our garden this week! Oooh, they were good! Sun Gold cherry tomatoes. So very sweet!
6. I have to add a sixth fave. The Professor pointed out that HIS fave this week was setting up part of his home theater, for which he has been saving his pennies a long time and has been researching AND researching for weeks. While I was in Oregon and NOT around to have to accompany him to electronics stores, he bought speakers, a Blu-ray player and an AV receiver (whatever those are). He says that when he is watching a Dodger game, it sounds like he really is sitting in Dodger Stadium.
I love sharing these weekly Fave Fives and reading about YOUR weeks. Go to Susanne's blog Living To Tell The Story to found out who else has posted Fave Fives this week.
Congrats on your daughter. I hope she does get the award. Your first tomato out of the garden must have been great. New electronics. Great week. Happy FFF and have a great Memorial Day Weekend. Aloha
Congratulations to your daughter.How yummy the first tomato out of the garden must have been.Thanks for visiting.
I had to just ask hubby about the blue ray thingy. Must be a man thing- sounded like a fish to me.
Ooo tomatos straight from the bush and still warm. Wonderful!
Congrats to your daughter. I can just imagine how proud you must be.
Good luck with your new fibres.
Glad you had a great visit to Oregon!
I'm not a knitter or crocheter, but that sounds like a haven of yarn!
I'm looking forward to the end of school and a more laid-back schedule, too.
Congrats to your daughter! How exciting!
The home theater sounds great!
Congratulations to MamaMia!!
Enjoy your time with them...
Oh men and their toys, it is fun to see their eyes light up when they explain how wonderful their new toy is...
Congratulations to your sweet daughter! What an accomplishment - I'm looking forward to the celebration pictures!
What another wonderful week for you, Willow! I've always wanted to go to Oregon ... hope you have some pics to share of that great state!
Congrats to you and your daughter. Mine graduated in December so I know the feeling of pride.
Great fave for the Professor, too. How nice of him that he did all that while you were gone!
The Professor is going to love his home theatre!
Congratulations to your girl! A very exciting day to be sure!
MMM, tomatoes fresh out of the garden are the absolute best.
You really have a lot to be thankful this week. Congratulations to the graduate and to the proud parents.
How nice to have a wonderful stereo system with the television, its something we have always wanted to do as well.
What a great list! Our daughter recently graduated from college, as well. It is a quite a moment. Well done, Mom!
Your week sounds wonderful! And congrats to your daughter and her fine acheivement - how could you not be proud!
Give a big hug to Mia from us!! We are so proud of her!!
There is a certain lightness to the last days of work before summer begins!!
i love home grown tomatoes, Well done to Mamamia for her award. Jane x
congratulations to your daughter. What a great list - so much to be thankful for.
You asked if my son has his passport. He does. I'm excited about our trip but a little anxious with young travellers. And it is always a good idea to have your passports up to date. You never know.....
I hope you are having a great weekend.
Congratulations to MamaMia!! What a wonderful accomplishment :) Wave as you drive by!
Wow.. a blu ray - that's impressive, Husband has been talking about this blu ray thing..though I have no idea what it is. Congrats to Mammamia and I am absolutely sure you and Julene had a blast! Happy week ahead Kak Willow :P
Post a Comment