It's Friday and time to write up my Friday Fave Fives. Unfortunately, I didn't get any more photos of Descanso Gardens posted, but I will do that soon, soon, soon. I do have a couple of good excuses though, as you will see. Without any more preliminaries except to remind you that Susanne at Living To Tell the Story hosts us every week and you are welcome to join us in celebrating what we are grateful for during the week, here is Willow's Week:
1. So at 10:30pm Friday night, my cell phone rang. I didn't recognize the number but I answerd it anyway. I wasn't asleep, and I could just tell the person on the line that it was a wrong number. But it wasn't a wrong number! It was my son calling from Jordan, from the Dead Sea. After saying several times, "Sorry, I can't hear you very well," we switched over to a Skype call. Clear. Quick. Steady. Skype calls are amazing! And then on Monday, he called again from his archeological dig site using his newly purchased international phone. Oh I love hearing his voice and knowing he's OK.
2. Our kitchen is newly painted. Notice that I did not write that I am thankful that we painted the kitchen although we did in fact paint it all ourselves. It was major effort of cutting, brushing and rolling, but it's almost finished. We still have most of the cupboard doors to paint but everything else is done and the paint is hardening. What color? White, of course. And the added little benefit will be that as I replace everything in the drawers, I will have the opportunity to declutter anything that is just not going to make it back into the kitchen.
3. As I type this, my precious grandson 'The New Boy' is snuggled up next to me on the sofa at his house. We are visiting him and his mama for a week. He's getting so big and he's talking and recognizing that the number at the beginning of the last paragraph is 'two'. Maybe I should change his name to 'Our Boy' because he's really not 'new' anymore.
4. Yesterday afternoon, we drove to LA for our flight to Ohio. We always plan our trips to LA carefully to avoid the worst of the traffic. Since we had several hours to wait near LAX before we needed to be at the airport, we had dinner with our friends. It was great to just sit on the patio of the Mediterranean restaurant and chat for a couple of hours without rushing off somewhere else. Then they dropped us off at the airport because our car is parked in their driveway for the week. Those are friends indeed!
5. Because we flew on a 'red eye special' overnight, for four hours, we didn't get much sleep last night. I claim that as the excuse for BOTH of us to forget that today was a special day. We didn't remember that it was our thirty-eighth wedding anniversary until our daughter in law called us to wish us 'Happy Anniversary'. I am so very fortunate to be happily married to a wonderful faithful man. He makes me laugh every day, he fixes me a latte (or two) every morning, and after all these years, he still tells me he loves me. I'm truly blessed!
No photos tonight because I'm typing on my daughter's computer. If I get my own laptop up and running here, I'll try to add some pictures. In the meantime, do let us know what you are thankful for in the comments.
Wow! Congrats on your 38th year of marital bliss. Your week sounded full of lovely things -- connection, satisfaction, snuggling, and little bit of leisure. Happy weekend.
How exciting that your son is in Jordan near the Dead Sea. What a great adventure (and hard work). I am fascinated by Biblical archeology.
Love the whole post.
38 years! Congratulations. So glad you get to snuggle with your boy. Glad you heard from your big boy, too. Katie, Jill and I are headed to the lavender festival today. Blessings!
Kyle and I have trouble remembering how many years it's been. Seems like only yesterday, yet it seems like forever. A good marriage is timeless.
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary Willow, 38 years is a lot of years, you're blessed! Looks like your week was busy as well as beautiful, talking to your son and snuggling up with your grandson must mean the world to you! Have a wonderful weekend Willow!
Happy, happy Anniversary! If your hubby makes you laugh and makes you lattes on a daily basis that definitely sounds like a keeper! :v)
How fun to get a phone call from the dead sea.
Hope you get lots of snuggles and cuddle time in during this week of visiting your cute grandson!
I smiled at #2 because one of my FFF is painting in the kitchen. Such a big job, but soooo worth it.
How wonderful that you can talk to your son all the way around the world. An archaeological dig sounds exciting! He must have a lot of stories to share.
Have a good weekend!
So glad you're having a great trip to see the boy... and that you got to skype with son # 2.
Happy Anniversary-- I love that you guys are still deeply in love after all these years! :o)
Haha! My word verification is blessduc. Which could be talking about a blessed duck. Or maybe duc like deuce to mean double blessed!?! :o)
SO HAPPY you are with "Your Boy". Two of mine just headed back to Iowa with their Mama this morning. Happy Anniversary! We'll catch up soon. Mary P
Your time with "New Boy" sounds precious. Hope you enjoy Ohio. One of my sons is at a wedding in Ohio this weekend.
Congrats on 38 years! Enjoy your trip.
Wow, congratulations on 38 years of marriage! Such a wonderful thing to celebrate. I am very familiar with the joy that one feels at hearing our childrens voice from a distance, unbelievably precious.
Happy Anniversary!! 38 years is a wonderful testimony to your relationship!
How exciting to hear from your son. Isn't Skype the best?
Time with little ones is precious, too.
A belated happy anniversary, Willow and Professor! A good marriage is, indeed, a true blessing!
Firstly, Happy 38th Anniversary Kak Willow, and many more wonderful ones to come. I love reading this post always, selalu teringat diri sendiri - good reminder to self. To take things easy and enjoy the simpler things in life. At times, I get all worked up in well - work and home and expecting too many things perfect..so bila saya baca post ini, I tell myself, its good to be grateful and be contented. wow...see how the 'new boy' has grown and thank goodness for skype..though I've not used in much yet. Have a great week kak willow :) salam sayang from me _MK
HAPPY 38th, Willow and Professor! :o) Very exciting your son being near the Dead Sea! Skype--gotta love it, it is a wonder of technology, I think! Our Boy, that's a sweet remake for New Boy. ;o) Oh, do share photo of your kitchen. Having just finished our own kitchen spruce up, you have my sympathies...LOL! We're just back from whirlwind 3-day weekend in London to celebrate hubby's birthday--FAB time! Happy Week ((HUGS))
Your Boy misses you already. He was asking for you at dinner last night. I promised him we could talk to you soon on phone or Skype.
I'm so glad you were able to talk to your son in Jordan, and also see your daughter and New Boy. Communicating with family by SKTPE is the best and the thing I'm most grateful for now that both my son and daughter live in Colorado.
Happy anniversary, Willow! I'll be married 37 years later this year.
Post a Comment