Hmmm, it is Friday and I am a bit stumped. I'm not going to lie or pretend. This has been a crazy and challenging week. Therefore I am searching my memories of the past seven days to find the little blessings to share with you in Friday Fave Fives.
1. Oh yeah. Saturday! We took a hike! I love this hiking trail. It's easy. It's level. It's gorgeous.
2. After hiking, we stopped by S*bucks and I ordered a soy hot chocolate. Yum!
3. Rain! About 1.5 inches. Any amount helps us fight the drought. And sometimes rain comes with rainbows.
4. And no mudslides. Following the disaster from Halloween night where our neighborhood was inundated with mud in the first rain storm of the season, our local fire department and disaster relief teams gathered in the parking lot of the golf course and evacuated people from 75 homes. But fortunately, although there was A LOT of water running down the streets and through our gardens, there were no mudslides and no more homes destroyed. [If you want to know more details, google Camarillo Springs mudslide or just click here.]
5. An email from Son #1 that stated "We checked our schedule. We can come for a visit December 16-19." 'We' means Son #1, his beautiful wife and our newest grand girl! Can't wait!